Megan Bartoshuk, a third-year Doctor of Audiology student, has received an ASHFoundation Graduate Student Scholarship, which is awarded to communication sciences students around the country. Up to fifteen awards are granted each year.

Megan Bartoshuk
Megan Bartoshuk
Bartoshuk, from Redwood City, California, said the scholarship support has helped her with tuition and living expenses.

“Being able to avoid taking out more loans this semester was huge for me,” Bartoshuk said.

Bartoshuk said she plans to complete her fourth-year externship clinical rotation with the pediatric team at the Stanford Ear Institute. The Institute provides hearing screenings, diagnostic evaluations, and management of children from birth to 21 years old. Bartoshuk said she will have the opportunity to work with both hearing aids and cochlear implants in the clinical setting.

“This award made me feel more confident in my skills that I’ve learned at UNC,” Bartoshuk said. “The affirmation of this award from the ASHFoundation is something I’ve very proud of.

The ASHFoundation supports innovators and sparks innovation in communication sciences and is a nonprofit arm of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.