Please check this page frequently, as information may be updated throughout the admissions cycle.
The Doctor of Audiology (AuD) uses the Communication Sciences and Disorders Centralized Application Service (CSDCAS) for admissions. CSDCAS is an application service that simplifies the process of applying to communication science programs. CSDCAS will verify your application for accuracy, calculate your GPA, and send your application to as many communication science programs you wish to designate who utilize this service. Applications open in CSDCAS on Wednesday, July 15, 2020.
All applications receive careful consideration by the Admissions Committee. After an initial review of applications, an invitation to interview is extended to approximately 30 applicants, usually by mid-February. In prior years, on campus interviews have been required of all individuals seeking admission to the AuD program. Unfortunately, we expect that on campus interviews next spring may not be feasible. As a result, we are developing a plan for required online interviews to be scheduled late February/early March. These online interviews will allow applicants to participate in a group informational zoom, meet faculty, and speak casually with current students in small group meetings. Offers of admission are expected to be made no later than March 15. Offers of financial award are made separately from offers of admission.
Applying for admission is a two-step process with applications submitted in two different systems.
Carefully read through all of the instructions before you begin each application.
Online CSDCAS applications need to be complete by the deadline – January 18, 2021.
The CSDCAS Application opens July 15, 2020. Please read over all application instructions and other CSDCAS FAQ’s before beginning. Students are responsible for checking the status of their application and making sure that ALL materials are received and verified on time. Your application must be considered COMPLETE and VERIFIED by the deadline.
Verifying transcripts can take up to 4 weeks. Please keep this in mind when requesting and submitting transcripts. Many universities are closed during the winter break, so plan ahead and submit your transcripts in advance so that you give CSDCAS ample time for verification. Do not wait for fall grades to send official transcripts to CSDCAS. You will have an opportunity to update your coursework in CSDCAS after your application has been submitted.
Remember: You must request transcripts from EVERY institution that you list in the Colleges Attended section of your application. More information about transcripts
Use the transcript request form to have all official transcripts sent to CSDCAS. You must first list your schools in the “Colleges and Universities Attended” section of your CSDCAS application before requesting any transcripts. You should then print the CSDCAS Official Transcript Request Form (the blue button found under each school listed) and send that to your registrar’s office to include with your transcript when it is mailed to CSDCAS.
Please direct the Office of Registrars to send your transcripts to the following address:
CSDCAS Verification Department
P.O. Box 9113
Watertown, MA, 02471
(All official transcripts MUST be sent to the CSDCAS address above.)
If your school only accepts online transcript requests, please include the word “CSDCAS” and your CSDCAS ID NUMBER in the address you wish to have the transcript sent to.
Test Scores – GRE and TOEFL
We will accept remotely proctored GRE examination offered by ETS. UNC-Chapel Hill’s GRE code is 0083. Be sure to look for the Institution Name “U N Carolina Sch Medicine CSDCAS” located under “School of medicine-UNC”. The 0083 code will automatically send test scores to both your CSDCAS application AND your UNC Supplemental Application.
if you are submitting TOEFL test scores, please use the code 5816.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to allow time for ETS to score and send test results to CSDCAS in advance of the deadline.
Letters of Recommendation
Choose three people to write your letters of recommendation who can best attest to your academic or clinical potential. It is important to identify references who know you well and are able to speak with detailed examples to the personal qualities that make you unique.
In lieu of a personal statement, we ask applicants to respond to four questions. Each response should be 1-3 paragraphs in length, no more than 300 words (2000 characters).
Within your application, be sure to complete all applicable parts of the supporting information section. This section serves as your resume.
All application fees must be paid to CSDCAS ($131 for the first school, $52 for each additional school). More information about e-submitting your application.
Also, note that you can submit your application BEFORE your transcripts, recommendation letters, and official GRE scores are posted to your account.
Once your application is e-submitted, your application is locked and most sections cannot be updated for the remainder of the application cycle. Please make sure all of your information is accurate. The only sections you can update are:
- Contact information
- Profile information (username, password, etc.)
- Edit a reference whose status remains new or in progress
- Change “In-progress” coursework to completed coursework during the academic update period.
For specific directions on how to update your academic courses, click here.
Online UNC Supplemental Applications need to be complete by the deadline – January 23, 2020.
The ONLY way to access the UNC Supplemental Application is through a link in the email that will be sent to you after the CSDCAS application closes.
You will have approximately one week to fill out this application.
You will receive an email with a link directing you to the UNC-CH supplemental application following the January 15 CSDCAS application deadline. This process can take up to 48 hours. If you have not received this email by January 17, please call Student Services at 919-966-2343. Don’t forget to check your spam and junk mail folders first.
You ONLY need to complete the following in your supplemental application:
- List institutions you have attended
- Upload unofficial transcripts from all schools you have attended
- Answer residency and honor code questions
- Pay supplemental fee of $95.00 (Visa, Mastercard, check or money order)
*Your application is not considered to be complete until payment has been received.
The email with your supplemental application link will explain in detail the specific sections you need to complete as most of your information in CSDCAS will transfer over to this application system. You do not need to resend recommendation letters, GRE scores or personal statements.
- Apply early. Submitting your materials early helps ensure timely processing and avoids costly delays.
- Create a personal email account (gmail, yahoo, etc.) that includes some part of your name.
- Gather unofficial transcripts from EVERY institution that you have taken coursework from (even if only one course was taken there). This includes study abroad transcripts. You will be required to upload your unofficial transcripts in the Supplemental Application. This will also aid you in filling out the coursework portion of the CSDCAS application.
- Do not wait for fall grades to send official transcripts to CSDCAS as we would like your application to be complete on the January 15 deadline. Verifying transcripts can take up to four weeks. You will have an opportunity to update your coursework in CSDCAS after your fall transcript is available.
- The CSDCAS DEADLINE of January 18, 2021 applies to the submission of your CSDCAS application, payment of the CSDCAS fee, $131for the first school and $52 for each additional school) and receipt and verification of all transcripts by CSDCAS. CSDCAS will continue to verify transcripts after the deadline date, but if there are any issues with your transcripts this could hold up the process of marking your application with a verified status. Again, please submit your transcripts as early as possible to allow up to 4 weeks for the verification process.
- The UNC SUPPLEMENTAL DEADLINE – Soon after the CSDCAS deadline, an email will be sent inviting you to complete the UNC supplemental application (there is a Supplemental Application fee of $95). You should receive this email no later than January 20, 2021. If you have not received your email by this time, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to check your SPAM and/or Junkmail first. When completing your UNC Supplemental Application, you do NOT need to resend documents that have already been submitted in CSDCAS, except for unofficial copies of your transcripts. You must submit your Supplemental Application, along with your payment, by 11:59 pm January 26, 2021.
- Trouble with your CSDCAS application
- CSDCAS Customer Service – Available Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m until 5:00 p.m. EST
- Telephone: (617) 612-2030
- Email: CSDCASinfo@CSDCAS.org
- Questions about the audiology program or its supplemental application:
- Kayla Rankin: (919) 966-2343
- Kayla Rankin: (919) 966-2343