Clinical Assistant Professor
Janelle Bludorn, MS, PA-C, is a physician assistant practicing in emergency medicine who joins the UNC Physician Assistant Program faculty as a clinical assistant professor. Having most recently practiced at a large academic hospital emergency department at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Janelle will continue her clinical pursuits in the emergency departments at both UNC Hospitals and UNC Hospitals Hillsborough.
While in South Dakota, she worked in the emergency department of a small-town community hospital. Her first job as a PA included successfully pioneering physician assistant employment in a community hospital emergency department in Santa Barbara, California, where she practiced for several years, while simultaneously balancing part-time practice in women’s health.
In her role as clinical assistant professor, Janelle most looks forward to transferring her passion and aptitude for educating learners clinically to the didactic setting. She is dedicated to shaping well-rounded and rigorously educated future clinicians utilizing practical experiential and case-based learning in addition to technology integration. She also hopes to explore and share with students her professional interests of point-of-care ultrasound, women’s health, and care for vulnerable patient populations. Janelle is honored to join the PA program faculty and educate the next generation of physician assistants at an institution as prestigious, well-resourced, and supportive as Carolina.
Office location: Bondurant Hall 2084
Campus Box: #7121
- Bachelor of Science – Psychology, Biology, American Indian Studies – University of South Dakota – 2008
- Master of Science – Physician Assistant Studies – Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine – 2010
Courses currently taught
- PASC 701 – Human Anatomy – Point of Care Ultrasound Anatomy Lab
- PASC 704 – History & Physical Examination
- PASC 720 – Clinical Medicine II – Women’s Health Unit
- PASC 722 – Patient Assessment I
- PASC 730 – Clinical Medicine III – Musculoskeletal Unit
- PASC 732 – Patient Assessment II
- PASC 734 – Fundamentals of Surgery
- PASC 736 – Evidence-Based Medicine I
- PASC 806 – Evidence-Based Medicine II
Society of Emergency Medicine PAs – Board of Directors AAPA – Fellow NCAPA – Member
Social media links