Continuing Medical Education
The Anesthesiology Department currently runs five Category I-accredited continuing medical education programs in conjunction with the University of North Carolina School of Medicine Office of Continuing Medical Education:
- The “Anesthesiology Grand Rounds” is a weekly one-hour lecture series that has been ongoing for some years but became CME-accredited in July, 2001.
- The “Carolina Refresher Lectures: Care of the Surgical Patient” Conference, offered annually since 1988, is a perioperatively-oriented program.
- The annual Pediatric Anesthesiology Conference aims to update the knowledge and skills of CRNAs and physicians who care for children in the operating room.
- The annual Pain Management Conference addresses current options and updates in the treatment of primary care and pain patients.
- The Triangle TEE Conference series provides an opportunity to allow local anesthesiologists with an interest in transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) to come together quarterly to expand their knowledge in this area.
For more details on these programs, please follow the links provided below: