The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Key Summary Points
- UNC Anesthesiology is a fully accredited program as recognized by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
- UNC has a five-year review cycle, with no citations, for the core program and for all of our fellowships. This is the longest allowable review cycle. Our next ACGME Self Study for the core program is scheduled for 2024.
- UNC is the oldest public University in the United States first matriculating students in 1795. UNC Memorial hospital opened in 1952. We obtained accreditation on April 3, 1959 and have been continuously accredited ever since.
- Today, we have 52 residents and 9 fellows.
- Our 5-year rolling average for primary certification stands at 97%, well above the national average of 88%, over the same time frame.