- Optimization Screening for Anemia and Nutritional Deficiency.
- Clear fluids (recommend Pedialyte or apple juice) up to 2 hrs prior to scheduled arrival time.
- Preemptive analgesia.
Tailored Anesthesia Care
- Evidence-based, best practice recommendations will be used throughout the surgery to ensure individualized blood pressure management, prevention of blood clots, careful IV fluid administration, and medication administration.
Postoperative Pain Management
- Pain will be addressed using oral medications that target several different pain receptors.
Tubes and Catheters
- The foley catheter should be removed on the day of surgery, unless specified by the surgical team.
- Your child should be out of bed and walking on the day of surgery.
- Daily ambulation goals will be set by the medical team and their completion encouraged by nursing staff.
- See Patient Education Series for General ERAS Education!