- Your child will consume clear liquids, then Ensure 1 hour before arrival time.
- Pain will be addressed using oral medications that target several different pain receptors.
- Will be given within 1 hour of incision.
Tailored Anesthesia Care
- Evidence-based, best practice recommendations will be used throughout the surgery to ensure individualized blood pressure management, prevention of blood clots, careful IV fluid administration, and medication administration.
Postoperative Pain Management
- Pain will be addressed using oral medications that target several different pain receptors. Additionally, an epidural may be offered to help with pain for some surgical procedures.
Tubes and Catheters
- The nasogastric tube and foley catheter should be removed on postoperative day 1, unless specified by the surgical team.
- Your child should be out of bed and walking by postoperative day 1.
- Daily ambulation goals will be set by the medical team and their completion encouraged by nursing staff.
- See Patient Education Series for General ERAS Education!