Kidney Center Website
- You will consume clear liquids, then Ensure 1 hour before arrival time.
- Includes baseline blood pressure and ideal body weight assessments.
- Pain will be addressed using a multi-modal approach, including oral medication.
- Will be given within 1 hour of incision.
Tailored Anesthesia Care
- Evidence-based, best practice recommendations will be used throughout the surgery to ensure individualized blood pressure management, prevention of blood clots, careful IV fluid administration, and medication administration.
Postoperative Pain Management
- Pain will be addressed using a multi-modal approach including oral medication.
Tubes and Catheters
- The foley catheter should be removed on postoperative day 1, unless specified by the surgical team.
- You should be out of bed and walking by postoperative day 1 (earlier if your surgery was the first surgery of the day).
- Daily ambulation goals will be set by the medical team and their completion encouraged by nursing staff.