Total Hip & Knee
- You will consume clear liquids up to 2 hours prior to arrival time.
- Includes baseline blood pressure, anemia, and ideal body weight assessments.
- Pain will be addressed using oral medications that target several different pain receptors.
- Will be given within 1 hour of incision.
Tailored Anesthesia Care
- Evidence-based, best practice recommendations will be used throughout the surgery to ensure individualized blood pressure management, prevention of blood clots, careful IV fluid administration, and medication administration.
Postoperative Pain Management
- Pain will be addressed using cryotherapy and oral medications that target several different pain receptors.
Tubes and Catheters
- If used, foley catheter should be removed on postoperative day 1, unless specified by the surgical team.
- Daily ambulation goals will be set by the medical team and their completion encouraged by nursing staff.
- See Patient Education Series for General ERAS Education!