- This event has passed.
Academy for Professionalism in Health Care (APHC) Conference – Professionalism and the Digital Transformation of Health Care and Education: Designing the New Normal
October 28, 2021 @ 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
The Academy for Professionalism in Health Care (APHC) 5th Virtual Conference on Professionalism and the Digital Transformation of Health Care and Education: Designing the New Normal
APHC is a highly inclusive, inter-professional organization which welcomes practitioners and trainees at all levels who are devoted to the study and advancement of professionalism in all health-related fields. The conference will take place via Zoom on Thursday, October 28, 2021, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET. It will be free for members and non-members alike. Register at: https://bit.ly/APHCOctRegistration
This event is hosted outside of the AOE and we will not have record of your attendance. Please email us to confirm which session(s) you attended (email@example.com).
24 highly engaging presentations and sessions (listed below) and ample networking with colleagues.
1. Beyond “I know it when I see it”: Defining Professionalism
2. Does Transition from In-Person to Remote Learning Impact Professional Behavior Lapses?
3. Ethical and Legal Challenges with Big Data and Genomics for Privacy, Consent, and Ownership
4. For the Patient’s Good?: A Brief Exploration of Ethics in the Use of Telehealth
5. Health Care is About Humans First: Competencies Needed for the Ethical Use of AI
6. Professionalism in Medical School – The Online Learning Environment
7. Professionalism in Preclinical Education: A Comparison between Face-to-Face and Online Settings
8. Professionalism through the Eyes of the Beholder
9. Virtually Performing Under Stress
10. Whom Does a Tiered Grading System in an Online Doctoring Course Really Help?
1. Character Formation on Zoom? A Panel Discussion on Virtue Ethics-Based Curricular Innovations
2. Exploring the Impact of Digital Transformation on Mentorship and Professional Identity Formation
3. Moving Professionalism Education from In-Person to Online
4. Professionalism in the Digital Era: Student to Advanced Learner Perspectives
How to Workshops
1. Deploying a Virtual Professionalism Curriculum in the Clinical Phase of Medical School
2. The Virtual Museum: Tools for Using the Visual Arts in Professionalism Education
1. Exploring VIPES Simulation Using a Patient Avatar
2. Finding Digital Communities for Guidance as an Unmatched Medical Professional
3. Just in Time Teaching (JITTs) Infographic App: Technologically Assisted Faculty Development
4. Redesigning Professionalism: Student-led Initiatives for Ethics, Aesthetics, and Identity Formation
1. Netiqutte Kahoot!
2. Promoting Professionalism through Patient Safety Awareness: A Digital Escape Room Interactive Learning Experience for Undergraduate Medical Students
Problem Solving Sessions
1. Patient-Acquired Online Sources vs. Professional Opinion: Finding Balance for Shared Decision-Making
2. Professionalism in Virtual International Collaboration
Presentations will be recorded and available to registrants after the conference.
Ready to Register? Click here.
For more information click here.
Conference Agenda – Thursday, October 28 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. ET & 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. PT