- This event has passed.
AMEE Webinar – Addressing the challenges of conducting OSCEs in the time of COVID-19
November 17, 2020 @ 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM
Addressing the challenges of conducting OSCEs in the time of COVID-19
Presenters: Katharine Boursicot, Duke-NUS Medical School, Singapore
Ong Thun How, Duke-NUS Medical School and Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
Limin Wijaya, Duke-NUS Medical School and Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
Moderator: Sandra Kemp, Curtin Medical School, Curtin University, Australia
Date: 17 November 2020
Time: 1200 hrs (GMT)
Summary: The COVID-19 pandemic has posed major challenges to the normal conduct of OSCEs worldwide across health professions education and assessment.
In this webinar, we will look at possible approaches to assessing clinical and communication skills in high-stakes OSCEs, without compromising academic integrity and validity.
1. Gain insights into assessing risk levels for clinical examinations
2. Learn about protocols for managing OSCEs in pandemic time
3. Become aquainted with the use of technology in supporting ‘remote’ OSCEs
Lecture based, with Q&A
1. Understanding of risk assessment in planning OSCEs during COVID-19
2. Practical tips on how to manage safety of participants in OSCEs
3. Ideas for local implementation in different contexts of participants
Target Audience: All health professions educators who are involved with clinical examinations.