- This event has passed.
Harvard Education Webinar – Reducing Cognitive Load: Focusing on What Matters in Online and Hybrid Teaching
April 22, 2021 @ 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Reducing Cognitive Load: Focusing on What Matters in Online and Hybrid Teaching
This event is not hosted by the AOE, so please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your attendance.
April 22, 2021
11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. EDT
Educators around the world spent the past year having to adapt quickly to teaching in new environments and continue to face numerous challenges. This can easily result in cognitive overload. In this webinar, Professor Bill Schiano will talk about the importance of focusing on what really matters to help manage the load so that both educators and students get the most from their classes.
Topics we’ll explore:
- Best practices for increasing efficiency
- Using your limited time effectively
- Applying lessons from psychology research
- Helping students get the most from online class time
- Harnessing technology to reduce rather than increase complexity