Renewal of Membership Process 2015
The renewal of membership application process for the Academy of Educators (AOE) is outlined below. The goals of the Academy are to:
1) Promote and support excellence in teaching and the work and career paths of excellent teachers.
2) Promote and fund curricular innovation, evidence-based curricular change and a scholarly approach to the education mission.
3) Provide a forum for education leadership and advice for the Dean, Vice Dean for Medical Education, and for the leadership of the curriculum.
The AOE, which started in 2006, currently has 293 faculty and resident members. Each Academy member has a time-limited membership. Those current members who wish to renew their membership can apply for renewal using the Renewal of Membership process described below.
2015 Application Timeline
- Tuesday, February 3, 2015 – Call for nominations goes to all School of Medicine Chairs and all faculty. The nomination can take the form of an e-mail or supporting letter. Membership renewal takes place every five (5) years.
- Monday, March 23, 2015 – Deadline for receiving completed applications from all nominees and renewals.
- Monday, March 30, 2015 - Selection Committee meets to select new members.
- Early April, 2015 – New members are announced.
- Wednesday, May 27, 2015 – Evening of Educational Scholarship and induction of new members.
APPLICATION MATERIALS FOR RENEWAL
- Submit an updated CV. Applicants are asked to use the highlighting function in Word to highlight activities, awards, and publications that should be considered in support of this application.
- Send a brief letter requesting renewal of your membership. This letter should include a description of participation in past AOE events and a clearly stated reason for interest in continuing membership in the AOE.
- Please submit your membership renewal application to the following portal: https://uncsom.submittable.com/submit