- This event has passed.
BCBP strategic planning listening sessions
December 16, 2022 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Monday, December 12th 1-2 PM Education & Training and
- Friday, December 16th 3-4 PM Faculty & Staff Development.
- Everyone is invited to attend in 1131 Bioinformatics and share ideas for the future of BCBP.
- Two more sessions will be scheduled after the New Year: Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion and work climate, and Research Growth and Infrastructure.
Zoom meeting details will be sent by Rhonda Strickland in an email for those who are not able to join us in person.
2nd session – Please then join us in 1131 Bioinformatics for the second listening session. Everyone in the department is welcome.
Here are a few prompts in advance to get us thinking (in no particular order):
1. What would you tell someone about working in BCBP that is particularly good?
2. What have you heard about other departments/institutional practices that impress you?
3. How can the Department promote and support staff advancement?
4. How can we avoid staff overwork and burnout?
5. How can we promote the welfare of fixed-term faculty (research, core director, and education)?
6. How can we ensure the success of junior faculty?
7. How can we support the continued research success and productivity of senior faculty?
8. How can we ensure the engagement and satisfaction of faculty in SOM centers and non-SOM schools?
9. How can BCBP promote faculty welfare by reducing work-related stress?
10. How can we ensure everyone is acknowledged and appreciated for their contributions?
Strategic planning update: Thank you to everyone who participated in the first two sessions on Education & Training and Faculty & Staff Development. Mark your calendars for the final Listening Sessions of our strategic planning process.
January 9th at 9:00 am in 1131 Bioinformatics: Diversity, Equity, and Building an Inclusive Environment
January 11th at 2:00 pm in 1131 Bioinformatics: Research Growth & Support
There will be additional meetings with Dr. Enarson that includes all 4 themes, but attendance is based on departmental roles. Feel free to email him with your comments also. Everything is kept private, and data from these sessions and follow-up meetings are the starting point for two strategic planning “mini-retreats.” Those retreats (stay tuned for dates and locations) are intended to produce specific goals that we can then begin to implement.