UNC IDEA Group
—— Image Display, Enhancement, and Analysis (IDEA) Group
UNC IDEA group consists of the IDEA Lab in the Department of Radiology and the Image Analysis Core Lab in the Biomedical Research Imaging Center (BRIC). The IDEA lab is devoted to the development of novel image analysis methods and tools, and their applications to various clinical research and trials. The developed methods include deformable registration (HAMMER), deformable segmentation (AFDM), and multivariate pattern classification algorithms. These methods have been applied to various studies on brain diseases and development (including MCI, AD, Schizophrenia, and Neonate Development Study), heart, breast cancer, and prostate cancer. The image analysis core in BRIC supports the image storage and analysis needs of scientists in UNC. It also provides services for brain structural and functional analysis, small animal imaging analysis, visualization, and others.
- “Joint Classification and Regression via Deep Multi-Task Multi-Channel Learning for Alzheimer’s Disease Diagnosis”, IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 2018. [Mingxia Liu, Jun Zhang, Ehsan Adeli, Dinggang Shen]
- “STRAINet: Spatially-varying sTochastic Residual AdversarIal Networks for MRI Pelvic Organ Segmentation”, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems, 2018. [Dong Nie, Li Wang, Yaozong Gao, Jun Lian, Dinggang Shen]
- “Exploring Folding Patterns of Infant Cerebral Cortex Based on Multi-view Curvature Features: Methods and Applications”, Neuroimage, 2018. [Dingna Duan, Shunren Xia, Islem Rekik, Yu Meng, Zhengwang Wu, Li Wang, Weili Lin, John H Gilmore, Dinggang Shen, Gang Li]
- “Angular Upsampling in Infant Diffusion MRI Using Neighborhood Matching in x-q Space”, Frontiers in Neuroinformatics, 2018. [Geng Chen, Bin Dong, Yong Zhang, Weili Lin, Dinggang Shen, Pew-Thian Yap]
- “Overall Survival Time Prediction for High-grade Glioma Patients based on Large-scale Brain Functional Networks”, Brain Imaging and Behavior, 2018. [Luyan Liu #, Han Zhang #, Jinsong Wu, Zhengda Yu, Xiaobo Chen, Islem Rekik, Qian Wang *, Junfeng Lu *, Dinggang Shen *] # Co-first authors; *Co-corresponding authors