Software for ABSORB: Atlas Building by Self-Organized Registration and Bundling
0. Download packages
Software package for download
- NITRC ABSORB download page
- Local version: Windows-32bit, Linux-64bit, testdata, and software manual.
To help us improve the software, we need your feedback. Please send the following information to email@example.com, and all information collected will be kept confidential and used for the purpose of improving the software. Please cite the paper of ABSORB  as in References if your publishing studies use ABSORB software.
Your Name / Email / Institution / Purpose of Download / From Where You Hear Us
This software package implements ABSORB: Atlas Building by Self-Organized Registration and Bundling [1,2] – an algorithm for effective groupwise registration, which has been published as:
Hongjun Jia, Guorong Wu, Qian Wang, Dinggang Shen, “ABSORB: Atlas Building by Self-Organized Registration and Bundling“, NeuroImage, Vol. 51, No. 3, 1 July 2010, pp. 1057-1070. [PDF file]
The package is available free to the public for the academic research purpose at http://bric.unc.edu/ideagroup/free-softwares/. This software is distributed WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
2. System requirements
This software is developed using ITK and has been tested on Windows XP (32-bit) and Linux (64-bit, kernel version 2.6.18-194.el5).
The required input is a set of 3D MR intensity images (in Analyze format with paired .hdr and .img files) with a text file (.txt) listing all header file (.hdr) names. The output is the set of registered images together with the corresponding dense deformation fields.
3. Image pre-processing
The images should be pre-processed before applying ABSORB:
- All brain MR images used as inputs to ABSORB should be in the same situation (e.g., skull-stripped or not, cerebellum removed or not, etc.).
- The input images should be in Analyze format with paired header and image files.
4. Software package
(download links are here.)
Package for win-32bit includes:
- ABSORB_GUI_main.exe, ABSORB_command.exe, apclusterwin.dll, ApplyDeformationField.exe, MSVCP80.dll, MSVCR80.dll, MSVCM80.dll,
- tcl85.dll, tk85.dll, a tcl/tk library folder: lib, and vcredist_x86.exe
Package for linux-64bit includes:
- ABSORB_GUI_main, ABSORB_command, apclusterunix64.so and ApplyDeformationField
Test data for ABSORB includes:
- 8 MR brain images in Analyze format (128*128*128) with header file list, and they have NOT been affinely registered.
5. Software document
Please read lastest ABSORB software manual.
6. References Hongjun Jia, Guorong Wu, Qian Wang, Dinggang Shen, “ABSORB: Atlas Building by Self-Organized Registration and Bundling“, NeuroImage, Vol. 51, No. 3, 1 July 2010, pp. 1057-1070.  Hongjun Jia, Guorong Wu, Qian Wang, Dinggang Shen, “ABSORB: Atlas Building by Self-Organized Registration and Bundling”, in Proc. of the 23rd IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 2010), San Francisco, CA, 2010.
7. Contact us
For any questions or bug reports, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Update history
20100901 Update manual
20100729 Minor update
20100722 Add options for Affine Registration and Output data type
20100714 Update GUI
20100712 Update document
This page last updated on Oct. 29, 2010.