HAMMER ITK Implementaion
HAMMER is the acronym for Hierarchical Attribute Matching Mechanism for Elastic Registration (Dinggang Shen, Christos Davatzikos, HAMMER: Hierarchical Attribute Matching Mechanism for Elastic Registration, IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging, 21(11):1421-1439, Nov 2002), an algorithm for elastic registration of medical images using geometric moment invariants as attributes and hierarchical attribute matching mechanism for finding deformation field. We have implemented HAMMER registration algorithm under the framework of ITK, and also provided the HAMMER registration as a module for the 3DSlicer. Moreover, we have significantly improved the speed of HAMMER registration algorithm, as well as its registration accuracy in the new version of HAMMER algorithm included in the software package.
Download the software here or at NITRC.
- HAMMER-SUITE (A stand-alone software for medical image processing. Functions include skull stripping, cerebrum removal, tissue segmentation, deformable image registration, and the calculation of RAVENS map for statistic analysis)
- GLIRT (Groupwise and longitudinal image registration toolbox)
- “Feature-based Groupwise Registration by Hierarchical Anatomical Correspondence Detection,” accepted for Human Brain Mapping. [Guorong Wu, Qian Wang, Hongjun Jia, Dinggang Shen]
- “TPS-HAMMER: Improving HAMMER Registration Algorithm by Soft Correspondence Matching and Thin-Plate Splines Based Deformation Interpolation“, NeuroImage, 49(3):2225-2233, Feb 2010 . [Guorong Wu, Pew-Thian Yap, Minjeong Kim, Dinggang Shen]
- “RABBIT: Rapid Alignment of Brains by Building Intermediate Templates“, Neuroimage, 47(4):1277-87, Oct 1 2009. [Songyuan Tang, Yong Fan, Dinggang Shen]
- “Fast Image Registration by Hierarchical Soft Correspondence Detection“, Pattern Recognition, 42: 954-961, May 2009. [Dinggang Shen]
- “A New Statistically-Constrained Deformable Registration Framework for MR Brain Images“, International Journal of Medical Engineering and Informatics, 1(3): 357:367, 2009. [Zhong Xue, Dinggang Shen]
- “Image Registration by Local Histogram Matching“, Pattern Recognition, 40:1161-1172, 2007. [Dinggang Shen]
- “Learning-Based Deformable Registration of MR Brain Images“, IEEE Trans. Medical Imaging, 25(9):1145-1157, Sept. 2006. [Guorong Wu, Feihu Qi, Dinggang Shen]
- “Statistical Representation of High-Dimensional Deformation Fields with Application to Statistically-Constrained 3D Warping“, Medical Image Analysis, 10:740-751, 2006. [Zhong Xue, Dinggang Shen, Christos Davatzikos]
- “Very High Resolution Morphometry Using Mass-Preserving Deformations and HAMMER Elastic Registration“, NeuroImage, 18(1): 28-41, Jan 2003. [Dinggang Shen, Christos Davatzikos] (Used for this issue’s cover) (final version)
- “HAMMER: Hierarchical Attribute Matching Mechanism for Elastic Registration“, IEEE Trans. on Medical Imaging, 21(11):1421-1439, Nov 2002. [Dinggang Shen, Christos Davatzikos] (final version) (Best Paper Award, from MMBIA 2001) (2006 Best Paper Award, from IEEE Signal Processing Society, 2007)