Image Analysis Modalities
The BRIC Image Analysis Core serves to develop new tools for image analysis and to support the image storage and analysis needs of scientists who use the BRIC facilities. The image analysis services available are listed below:
- Automated brain tissue segmentation for gray matter, white matter, CSF, and/or lesions
- Automated brain image labeling and spatial normalization
- Atlas building
- Cortical surface reconstruction, labeling, and thickness analysis
- Group analysis
- Longitudinal brain development and aging study
- Diffusion tensor image analysis: fiber tracking, atlas building, and tensor-based disease diagnosis
- Identification of subtle brain structural differences in a wide variety of brain pathologies, by using multivariate high-dimensional pattern analysis method.
- Segmentation of chest and other boundaries from x-ray images or others.
- Automated segmentation of parenchyma or tumor regions
- Separation between benign cancer and malignant cancer
- Registration between multimodality breast images, or consistent alignment of different time images
- Accurate cardiac motion estimation by 4D registration method
- Detection of early-stage cardiac diseases using both structural and functional information
- Optimal needle biopsy for cancer detection
- Segmentation of prostate from ultrasound, CT, and MR images using deformable appearance and shape models
- Registration between histological and MR images of prostate
- In vivo detection of suspicious caner tissues for biopsy needle guidance.
- Atlas construction
- 2D to 3D registration.
For more details regarding the image analysis services offered by the BRIC, please contact Dinggang Shen.
- Power calculation
- Basic statistical Analysis for cross-sectional studies (e.g., linear regression, ANOVA)
- Advanced Statistical Analysis for longitudinal, twin, and family studies. (e.g., Linear mixed models, functional data analysis, ROC analysis, tract-based analysis, data mining)
- Statistical Imaging Analysis for comparing imaging across groups
- Functional Imaging Analysis (e.g., fMRI and resting fMRI from cross-sectional, longitudinal, twin, and family studies).
- Imaging Genetic Analysis. Grant Writing
For more details regarding the statistical services offered by the BRIC, please contact Hongtu Zhu.