Research Assistant Professor | Director, Small Animal Imaging Facility
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | T 919.843.3813
Imaging on tissue metabolism, oxygenation, and vasculature using PET, optical, and MRI
Current main focuses are tissue metabolism in stroke model, and imaging guided microbeam radiotherapy in brain tumor model. In stroke model, the goal is to delineate brain tissue metabolism during acute stroke and how we can utilize the metabolism characteristics for imaging diagnosis using FDG PET and MRI. In brain tumor model, we are developing imaging guided radiation treatment method using unique microbeam radiation, and further characterizing tissue response to the radiation using imaging tools.
• Yuan H, Frank JE, Hong Y, An H, Eldeniz C, Nie J, Bunevicius A, Shen D, Lin W, Spatiotemporal Uptake Characteristics of F-FDG in a rat middle cerebral artery occlusion model, Stoke. 2013, In Press
• Bunevicius A, Yuan H, and Lin W, The Potential Roles of 18F-FDG-PET in Management of Acute Stroke Patients, BioMed. Res. International, 2013,
• Chitneni SK, Bida GT, Yuan H, Palmer GM, Hay MP, Melcher T, Wilson WR, Zalutsky MR, Dewhirst MW. 18F-EF5 PET Imaging as an Early Response Biomarker for the Hypoxia-Activated Prodrug SN30000 Combined with Radiation Treatment in a Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Xenograft Model. J Nucl Med. 2013 Jun 5.
• Patterson C, Frederick B, Yuan H, Dyer L, Lockyer P, Lalush D, and Veleva A, Development of a New Positron Emission Tomography Tracer for Targeting Tumor Angiogenesis: Synthesis, Small Animal Imaging, and Radiation Dosimetry, Molecules 2013, 18(5), 5594-5610.
• Di Pasqua AJ, Yuan H, Chung Y, Kim JK, Huckle JE, Li C, Sadgrove M, Tran TH, Jay M, Lu X. Neutron-activatable holmium-containing mesoporous silica nanoparticles as a potential radionuclide therapeutic agent for ovarian cancer. J Nucl Med. 2013 Jan;54(1):111-6.
• Kim JK, Yuan H, Nie J, Yang YT, Leggas M, Potter PM, Rinehart J, Jay M, Lu X., High payload dual therapeutic-imaging nanocarriers for triggered tumor delivery. Small. 2012 Sep 24;8(18):2895-903.