Comecer Hot Cells: The Comecer Hot Cells were installed in 2014 and are dedicated to both academic and clinical studies. The hot cells are specially designed for research purposes and/or to house various radiochemistry modules. These systems can be configured with automated systems to produce common PET radioisotopes.
- 4x Comecer MIP1100 cells, 1100mm chamber dedicated to routine production or research equipment
- 2x Comecer MIP1390 cells, 1390mm chamber dedicated to routine production or research equipment
- 2x Comecer MIP1390 LAF sPC, 1390mm chamber and shielded prechamber for radiochemistry, dispensing, and radioisotope production
- 3x Tru-motion manipulators for hot cells designed for compact enclosures
- 1x Comecer BBS2 V75, design to house automated modules for routine production (18F-FDG)
GE FASTlab Synthesizer: The GE FASTlab synthesizer is a versatile and automated PET radiochemistry synthesis box design for easy and efficient production of 18F PET tracers. Primarily utilized for 18F-FDG.
- Includes synthesis box, computer and FASTlab software for automation
- Most widely used for 18F-FDG
- System based on the use of integrated cassettes loaded with reagents and precursor. Manual measurement avoided thus eliminating risk of human error.
- Built-in sensors for operation and synthesis process monitoring.
- Automated data collection into a comprehensive batch record, helping reduce documentation burden.
- High reproducibility achieved through precise delivery of reagents, fine-tuned synthesis parameters, optimized cassette and system design.
- High yield independent of starting activity: for FDG, 74% uncorrected yield, 85% corrected yield, tested up to 19Ci starting activity.
GE TRACERlab FX2 C Synthesis Module
- Synthesis module for the production and purification of carbon-11 labeled radiopharmaceuticals.
- Supports both 11C-methyl iodide and 11C-methyl triflate generation from cyclotron produced 11CO2.
- Includes reactor for labeling, HPLC for tracer purification, and vials for formulation.
GE TRACERlab FX2 N Synthesis Module
- Synthesis module for the production and purification of fluorine-18 labeled radiopharmaceuticals.
- Includes two reactors, HPLC for tracer purification, and vials for formulation.
- Manufactured by ITG Isotope Technologies
- 30 mCi capacity
- 4 hour 68Ga regeneration period
- Equipped with self-shielded ITG iQS 68Ga Fluidic Labeling Module
QC Equipment: The QC equipment will be installed in early 2015 and is dedicated to both academic and clinical studies. The QC equipment is necessary to evaluate the yield, purity, and levels of contaminants in the final product. This equipment communicates with the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), where data is collected for a consolidated batch report. The radiochemistry QC suite is equipped with the following instruments:
- Radio-HPLC 1: Agilent 1260 Isocratic mode, outfitted with Lablogic rad-detector
- Radio-HPLC 2: Agilent 1260 Gradient mode, outfitted with Lablogic rad-detector
- GC: Agilent 7890A GC to determine levels of residual solvents in final product.
- GC: Custom-made SRI Instruments GC for analysis of 15O-H2O and 15O-O2
- LabLogic Radio-TLC for radiochemical purity
- Canberra multichannel analyzer for radionuclidic identity
- Charles River Endosafe-PTS for endotoxin detection and microbial identification
- Incubators for in-house sterility testing
- Lablogic chromatography software (Laura) that communicates with PETra LIMS
- 7x Capintec dose calibrators for monitoring the quantity of radioactivity