Congratulations to the Department of Cell Biology & Physiology, ranked 2nd in the country in NIH funding!
The department was formed in July 2012 through the merger of the Department of Cell & Developmental Biology and the Department of Cell & Molecular Physiology. The new department brings together two strong traditions of excellence in basic science and translational research, and in pre- and post-doctoral training, including undergraduate, graduate and medical education.
The department currently houses two PhD programs: the Program in Cell & Molecular Physiology and the Program in Cell & Developmental Biology. In addition, a number of members of the department also train PhD students through the Neurobiology Curriculum and the Genetics and Molecular Biology Curriculum.
- Upcoming Events
- Fusion Seminar: Leigh Ann Samsa & Gloria Hsia Apr 01, 2015 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — 124 Taylor Hall
- Seminar: Ken S. Korach Apr 13, 2015 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — G202 MBRB
- Fusion Seminar: Brooke Matson & Jim Davison Apr 15, 2015 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — 124 Taylor Hall
- Seminar: Stephen L. Young Apr 20, 2015 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM — G202 MBRB
- Fusion Seminar: Matt Geden & Matt Walker Apr 22, 2015 12:00 PM - 01:00 PM
Agostina Santoro successfully defends her thesis
Sarah Wetzel-Strong successfully defends her thesis
Dudley Lab paper published in Cancer Research
UNC issues Press Release on Ben Philpot and Mark Zylka's Proceeding of the National Academy of Sciences paper
Kathleen Mulvaney featured in Vital Signs