Request for Abstracts
The 5th ELSI Congress
ELSIcon2022: Innovating for a Just and Equitable Future
June 1-3, 2022 – Columbia University, New York, NY
Research on the ethical, legal, and social implications (ELSI) of genetics research and its translation aims to anticipate and illuminate emerging issues relevant to policy and practice and fundamental questions of what it means to be human. The 5th ELSI Congress invites researchers, scholars, practitioners, trainees, policymakers, journalists, community members, and all with an interest in ethics and genetics to share the latest ELSI research.
Justice and equity issues are embedded in the complex questions about utility, privacy, intellectual property, commercialization, and identity in the ELSI research domain and innovative ideas and methods are essential to addressing these issues. Presentations that are likely to stimulate a transdisciplinary dialogue on advancing equity and justice in the context of ELSI research are particularly encouraged.
We welcome proposals for panels, papers, and posters on topics across the expanding range of ELSI research!
- Deadline for abstract submission: December 1, 2021
- Information on abstract submission, registration and more at ELSIcon2022.org
- Please review the Submission Guidelines before starting your submission
- Submit your abstract at elsicon2022.exordo.com
- Questions? Email info@ELSIcon2022.org
ELSIcon 2022 keynote and plenary session speakers and topics include:
- Ruqaiijah Yearby, JD, MPH – Structural Racism and Genomics
- Teresa Blankmeyer-Burke, PhD – Ableism, Audism, Ethics, and Genetics
- Keith Wailoo, PhD – Gene Editing and Gene Therapy: The Case of Sickle Cell