Melissa B. Green
Assistant Project Coordinator
Working Groups - Child Health
B.S | University of Mount Olive | Liberal Arts
M.Ed. candidate 2022 | University of North Carolina Wilmington | Curriculum Studies for Equity
Melissa has a background in education and was a classroom teacher for 10 years. Her career then shifted to educational research where she worked on IES grants studying children at-risk for writing disabilities. After working with preschoolers and their families in underserved communities, she became invested in public health. Working within the UNC Center of Health Equity Research on the RADx-UP Project team has allowed her to pursue her interest and learn more about this area.
- Executive Functions and Writing Skills in Children and Adolescents. Hooper SR, Costa L, Fernandez E, Barker A, Valdes C, Catlett S, Green M (2021). Executive Functions and Writing : 139
- The relationship of teacher ratings of executive functions to emergent literacy in Head Start. Hooper SR, Costa L-J, Green MB, Catlett SR, Barker A, Fernandez E, Faldowski RA (2019). Reading and Writing 33(4): 963-989
- First-Grade cognitive predictors of Writing disabilities in grades 2 through 4 elementary school students. Costa L-J, Green M, Sideris J, Hooper SR (2017). Journal of Learning Disabilities 51(4): 351-362
- First Grade Predictors of Early Elementary School Writing Skills through Fourth Grade: presented at the 2016 International Neuropsychological Society conference, Boston, MA. Hooper SR, Green MB, Costa L-J, Sideris J (2017).
- Efficacy of the self-regulated strategy development writing intervention for sixth grade students in a randomized controlled trial: Treatment results and nine-month maintenance. Hooper SR, Costa L-J, Sideris J, Green MB, Lanz K, Jordan R, Fernandez E, Edwards C, Vanselous S, Yerby D (2017). Paper presented at the Writing Research Across Borders IV Conference, Bogota, Colombia