Raquel Reyes, MD, MPA
MD | Harvard Medical School | Medicine
MPA | Harvard John F. Kennedy School of Government | Public Administration
Raquel Reyes, MD, MPA is an assistant professor of Medicine at UNC. Dr. Reyes received her MD at Harvard Medical School in 2008 and worked as Uganda Site Director at Massachusetts General Hospital Global Primary Care Residency Program from 2012 to 2014. Dr. Reyes’ specialty areas include Hospital Medicine, Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, Global Health, and Public Policy.
Dr. Reyes’ research and clinical interests are inspired by her particular commitment to women and children’s health in resource-poor settings at home and abroad. Dr. Reyes’ ambition is to use her formal training in public policy, public health, clinical medicine, and medical education to contribute to clinical care and sustainable health systems both locally and globally. She serves as a hospitalist and resident preceptor and is active with the Institute of Global Health & Infectious Disease and the Office of International Activities, contributing to the development of international experiences in the School of Medicine and Department of Medicine for trainees. Dr. Reyes also works within the Department of Social Medicine on health disparities research and policy projects.
- Improving the Specificity of Plasmodium Falciparum Malaria Diagnosis in High-Transmission Settings With a Two-Step Rapid Diagnostic Test and Microscopy Algorithm. Moses Murungi, Travis Fulton, Raquel Reyes, Michael Matte, Moses Ntaro, Edgar Mulogo, Dan Nyehangane, Jonathan J. Juliano, Mark J. Siedner, Yap Boum, Ross M. Boyce (2017). Journal of Clinical Microbiology 55(5): 1540-1549
- Vitamin K Antagonist Therapy and Liver Transplantation: Two Cases Managed Without Normalizing the International Normalized Ratio. Antoni Sabate, Laura Contreras, Idoia Aparicio, Marta Costa, Raquel Reyes (2016). Blood Coagulation and Fibrinolysis 27(8): 940-942
- Severe Flooding and Malaria Transmission in the Western Ugandan Highlands: Implications for Disease Control in an Era of Global Climate Change. Ross Boyce, Raquel Reyes, Michael Matte, Moses Ntaro, Edgar Mulogo, Joshua P. Metlay, Lawrence Band, Mark J. Siedner (2016). Journal of Infectious Diseases 214(9): 1403-1410
- The Health Centre Community. Ross M. Boyce, Raquel Reyes, Bwambale Shem (2016). International Journal of Epidemiology 45(1): 29-32
- Practical Implications of the Non-Linear Relationship Between the Test Positivity Rate and Malaria Incidence. Ross M. Boyce, Raquel Reyes, Michael Matte, Moses Ntaro, Edgar Mulogo, Feng-Chang Lin, Mark J. Siedner (2016). PloS One 11(3): e0152410