- This event has passed.
Call for Proposals Due: Paul A. Godley Health Equity Symposium
January 31, 2020
The UNC School of Medicine, the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, and the UNC Center for Health Equity Research are hosting the Inaugural Paul A. Godley Health Equity Symposium on March 5, 2020 to bring together faculty, staff, students, and the community to highlight and encourage health equity research, promote collaboration and networking, and encourage strategic planning and partnerships at the UNC School of Medicine.
This conference is named in honor of the late Dr. Paul A. Godley, Rush S. Dickson Professor of Hematology/Oncology at the UNC Department of Medicine and Vice Dean for Diversity and Inclusion at the School of Medicine. Dr. Godley directed the program on Ethnicity, Culture, and Health Outcomes (ECHO) from its inception in 2001. His research and leadership sought to identify, understand and eliminate racial health disparities.
We invite research abstract submissions from UNC faculty, staff, and students advancing health equity in our North Carolina communities. Proposals should be focused on research on the epidemiology, diagnosis and treatment outcomes, or elimination of health disparities through community-based research. If your abstract is accepted, you will be expected to give a 15-minute oral presentation of your research during the symposium.
Submitting a Presentation Proposal
1. Presenter Information
- For each presenter and co-author(s), please provide the following:
- Name, title, department, email address, and phone number.
- While we request that each research team submit no more than on abstract, it is permissible for a team member to be listed on more than one proposal if they are involved in multiple projects.
2. Presentation Format: A 15-minute presentation of a research study sharing findings followed by a 5 min Q&A.
- Provide a proposed presentation title.
- To assist the conference team in categorizing your proposal, please share three key words/phrases that best describe your work. For example, “chronic disease,” “community-based research” and “access to health care”.
- Provide a summary of up to 300 words to describe the content of your proposed presentation.
- Please also note if results have been presented in some other context, for example, at other conferences or in a publication. Please list and, if applicable, provide links or send an attachment to email@example.com.
- Abstract can be submitted via Qualtrics at Paul A. Godley Health Equity Symposium – Call for Abstracts
- To be considered, you must submit to this Call for Abstracts by Friday, January 31st.
- Proposals will be reviewed by a committee comprised of faculty and staff.
- All presenters will receive notification regarding the outcome of their proposal no later than Friday, February 7th.
- All presenters of accepted proposals will be asked to confirm participation in the conference by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, February 12th.
Please send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest!