In addition to the weekly Bible Studies (for men and women) and Triangle Christian Medical Fellowship (TCMF) Saturday dinners, we plan several social outings and on-campus speakers throughout the year. In the spring, we join with Duke, ECU, and Wake Forest for a spring retreat at Drs. Amy and Craig Fowler’s lake house on Lake Hyco. Please join our listserv by emailing email@example.com so that we can keep you posted on upcoming events.
CMDA Mission and Beliefs:
Christian Medical and Dental Associations exist to glorify God–by motivating, educating and equipping Christian doctors and students:
• to serve with professional excellence as witnesses of Christ’s love and compassion, and
• by advancing biblical principles of healthcare within the Church and to our culture.
Transformed Doctors, Transforming the World
Our Core Values:
We strive to fulfill our mission by our commitment to be:
• Controlled by the Holy Spirit
• Committed to Scripture
• Communing in Prayer
• Culturally Relevant
Our Statement of Faith:
(While each of us holds fast to additional beliefs important to our relationship with God, the following statement outlines the tenets that provide a foundation for our fellowship and participation in the Christian Medical & Dental Associations.)
1. In the divine inspiration and final authority of the Bible as the Word of God;
2. In the eternal God revealed in Holy Scripture as Father, Son and Holy Spirit;
3. In the unique Deity of Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, whose death and resurrection provide by grace through faith the only means of my salvation;
4. In the transforming presence and power of the Holy Spirit.
Triangle Christian Medical Fellowship Objectives (UNC/Duke):
Click here for the TCMF website
To provide a place for UNC and Duke medical, dental, and other health professional students to grow in their faith, to explore God’s Word together, and to learn more about applying their faith and beliefs to their lives as health professionals.
As a part of the greater organization of CMDA chapters around the nation, students have the opportunity to join a network of Christian doctors for fellowship & professional growth, participate in overseas & domestic mission projects, and develop a greater awareness of Christian positions and resources dealing with health care issues.
Other Graduate Christian groups in our community include:
- FOCUS: Graduate Intervarsity Christian Fellowship. Friday fellowship opportunities (with Hank Tarlton!)
- MBA Christian Fellowship. Look out for annual breakfast
- Duke CMDA. We serve the medical community a few times a year at dinner in partnership with Duke.
John 17:20-23 “I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.” (NKJV)