Eager to pursue a professional development opportunity but don’t have the funding? Let the UNC Network of Research Professionals help!
The UNC NRP Professional Development award provides supplemental funding (in the form of reimbursement) to help cover development opportunities for UNC-CH or UNC Health employees whose work is focused on Human Subjects Research. The event or opportunity should relate to the employee’s position and meet an individual professional development goal. Funds may be used for conferences, certificates, continuing education, classes or seminars, or similar instructional opportunities that are not already covered by other resources. Individual awardees can receive up to $500, depending on cost of opportunity and strength of application. Application and further details are attached. Return completed applications and supplemental materials to email@example.com or reach out with any questions. Feel free to share with colleagues who may be interested and eligible!
Not sure where to start? Consider some of the following opportunities that past awardees have pursued (or find your own!):
- Odom Institute/Research Talk Qualitative Research Summer Intensive: http://www.researchtalk.com/qrsi-2021/
- ACRP Certification: https://acrpnet.org/certifications/crc-certification/
- ACRP Membership: https://acrpnet.org/membership/
- ACRP Trainings (e.g., Implementing a Patient-Centered Informed Consent Process, Using Metrics to Improve Subject Recruitment and Retention, Site Quality Management Tools: SOPs, Metrics, and Training): https://acrpnet.org/training/
- ACRP Annual Conference: https://2022.acrpnet.org/
- SOCRA Certification: https://www.socra.org/certification/program-overview/
- SOCRA Membership: https://www.socra.org/membership/socra-membership-overview/
- SOCRA Courses, Symposiums (e.g., Emergency Clinical Research, Advanced Site Management: Finance and Productivity, Monitoring & GCP Workshop, etc.): https://www.socra.org/conferences-and-education/training-conferences-workshops-courses/
- SOCRA Annual Conference: https://www.socra.org/annual-conference/2022-conference-information/2022-annual-conference-information/
- Project Management Institute Membership: https://www.pmi.org/membership/join
- Project Management Institute Certifications: https://www.pmi.org/certifications/certification-resources/process
- Crucial Learning On-Demand Courses (Crucial Conversations for Mastering Dialogue, Crucial Conversations for Accountability, Getting Things Done, The Power of Habit, Influencer Leadership Training): https://cruciallearning.com/browse-courses/
- Regulatory Affairs Professional Society Membership: https://www.raps.org/join-raps
- Regulatory Affairs Professional Society Courses (e.g., Globalization of Clinical Research Trials and Investigations, Effective Regulatory Communication, Medical Devices: Definition & Lifecycle, etc.): https://www.raps.org/education/courses?type=course
- Regulatory Affairs Professional Society Textbooks (e.g., Fundamentals of Medical Device Regulations, Fundamentals of Pharmaceutical and Biologics Regulations, Fundamentals of US Regulatory Affairs, Fundamentals of International Regulatory Affairs, etc.)
- Regulatory Affairs Certification (through the Regulatory Affairs Professional Society): https://www.raps.org/rac-credential/applyrac/how-to-apply-for-the-rac
I look forward to receiving your application!