Updated message from the UNCH Health Information Management and Epic Research teams:
Good morning Research Community!
After a little hiccup yesterday, we’re happy to announce that the MySupport Research Monitor Visit Request process is officially LIVE. We’ve updated one element of the tip sheet, Please delete the tip sheet sent on 5/27/22. Additionally, we’ve updated the Research Monitor Access documents in Research Central. The updated tip sheet can be found there as well.
Please feel free to ask questions should you have any, we’re here to support you!
With kind regards,
Greetings Research Community,
We are excited to bring to you, much needed process enhancements with how you request Epic access for research monitoring visits. In anticipation of HIM operations processing ALL monitoring request for Epic access, UNCH HIM and Epic@UNC Research teams collaborated and developed a more streamlined process within MySupport ticket tracking system.
Effective June 2, 2022, ALL request for research monitoring visits will be managed within MySupport@UNC. What does this mean for you?
The new process:
- Eliminates the arduous use of emails and spreadsheets to track visit request
- Provides real-time visibility to each request and it’s processing stage
- Standardizes both on-site and remote processes to ensure regulatory compliance and efficient workflows to safeguard our patient’s protected health information
- Gives you something new and exciting to learn
Attached, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to enter a research monitor visit request. Please feel free to reach out with any questions you may have.
A Few Key Highlights:
Research Monitor Visit Request Requirements
|Visit Type Scenario||Notification Requirements|
|On-Site Visit||No less than 7 business days|
|Remote Visit – Monitor previously on study||No less than 7 business days|
|Remote Visit – Monitor or Study are New||No less than 14 business days|
- You are no longer required to send study documents (i.e. approved IRB).
- You are no longer required to send a manual Research Monitor Request Form.
- You are no longer required to send a signed Social Distancing Form
- You ARE required to attach a signed copy of the UNCH Confidentiality Statement for each monitor on a request.
While I’ll soon be moving away from managing remote visit requests, I will be in the wings assisting you and the UNCH HIM team with this transition. It has been my honor and pleasure working with each of you this past year, I wish you all a fabulous summer – see you around the virtual halls of UNCH!
With kind regards,