Editor Support Program
Deadline for Application: Nov. 6, 2020
The Center for Women’s Health Research is dedicated to engaging with junior faculty to contribute to the support of their research goals. This program allows eligible faculty to submit proposals for utilization of a CWHR editor.
- Applicants are eligible for awards of up to $2,000 in effort (approximately 30 hours) from a CWHR editor, depending on need.
- The project must address a disease, disorder, or condition that affects women only, women predominately, and/or women differently than men.
- The budget of the grant must be greater than or equal to $75,000.
- NC TraCS and UNC Lineberger funding opportunities greater than $25,000 are eligible for this support.
Examples of Editor Services
- Grant writing – Generate, write, and coordinate the development of parts of a proposal
- Macro-editing – Evaluate content and organization to ensure congruency, tone, structure, consistency, logic, and completeness; review from a reader’s perspective to ensure that document meets needs of the audience; manages and/or provides input on the concept, study design, and other elements; generally focused at the paragraph level and higher
- Micro-editing – Review text at or below paragraph level to improve grammar, word choice, flow, voice, style, logical inconsistencies, clarity, and to reduce duplication
- Proofreading – Editing for language use, structure, cohesion, and adherence to relevant medical standards
- Formatting – Adherence to announcement requirements, visual presentation and uniformity
- Creation of tables, diagrams, or figures – Visual organization of data ranging from simple tables to complex illustrations
- CWHR will give priority to applications in order of submission. Feedback and notice of awards for CWHR Programs will be on a rolling basis.
- Awards for the Editor Support Program must be spent within the 2020-21 academic year.
- CWHR reserves the right to publicize the name of the principal investigator, project title, and total award on our website upon funding unless otherwise stipulated in the contract of the awarding program.