COVID 19 UPDATES
Dear Patients, Families and Friends,
We know many of you have questions about follow up care for you or your loved one related to their cochlear implant(s). We wanted to let you know that we are currently only scheduling or keeping essential appointments for audiology in clinic. Speech therapy is being provided through video and limited in office visits. If you need an appointment or have a question about a scheduled appointment, feel free to call us (919-419-1428) or email (email@example.com). If we will be rescheduling your appointment, we will notify you by phone, text, or email.
If you do have an appointment, please know that only 1 visitor per patient (and no siblings) will be allowed. Do NOT enter the clinic until you have checked in for your appointment by phone from your car.
Please remember you can contact the cochlear implant manufacturers directly with equipment concerns.
Advanced Bionics: 877-829-0026
Med El: 919-572-2222
For the latest UNC Health COVID-19 updates, please check https://www.unchealthcare.org/coronavirus/
We are thinking of you all and hoping for health and safety for each of you.
Procedures for in clinic appointments
- When you arrive at the clinic, remain in your car and call 919-419-1449 to check in and be screened for Covid 19.
- To reduce exposure to other patients:
- Remain in your car until you are told to come in.
- We are currently using 2 lobbies; Lobby A – Adjacent to the Parking Lot and Lobby B off of the courtyard. You will be told which lobby to use.
- Only one person is allowed to come in with your child.
- While in the clinic, you are required to wear one of our masks that will be provided to you in the lobby. Masks are not required for children under 2.
- All of staff will be wearing masks and eye protection for their safety as well as yours.
- Therapy rooms, lobbies, and restrooms are cleaned and sanitized throughout the day and between patients.