- Hannah loves music and is fascinated with instruments.
- Hannah loves to have books read to her and is beginning to sight read some words on her own!
- Hannah will attend a regular mainstream preschool this Fall.
- Hannah repeats phrases she hears on the radio and asks her parents what they mean.
- Hannah was adopted from Guatemala at the age of 11 months. Her birth weight was 2 lbs, 4 oz. Her deafness was diagnosed at 13 months of age. Hannah received her first cochlear implant at 22 months, and her second cochlear implant at the age of 2 & 1/2. She began receiving services at CASTLE after her second cochlear implant.
- Hannah is deaf; however, with her cochlear implants and the intensive instruction and therapy she and her parents received at CASTLE, she can listen and talk!
“Without spoken language Hannah was a very fearful and frustrated child. CASTLE helped me learn how to teach her. The staff considered her unique personality and special needs and helped us to understand the best ways for her to learn.” - Lisa, Hannah’s mom