Jane Brice, MD, MPH
Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine
University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, 1994
University of Pittsburgh, 1997
Post Graduate and Training
Master’s degree in Epidemiology from University of North Carolina
American Board of Emergency Medicine
Professional Societies and Memberships
National Association of EMS Physicians (Board of Directors, Society for Academic Emergency Medicine, American College of Emergency Physicians
Special Honors and Awards
- University of North Carolina School of Medicine Teaching Excellence Award, 1999, 2004
- Jean Hollister Award, SAEM, 1997
- UNC Teaching Excellence Award, 2001, 2005
- Socrates Award, UNC - DEM, 2001
- Pre-hospital emergency Care Editorial Excellence Award, 2003
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 2004
- AAMC Humanism in Medicine Award - 2005
- Frank Porter Graham Honor Society, 2005
- Fellow, Academy of Educators, UNC School of Medicine
- Mears GD, Pratt D, Glickman S, Brice JH, Glickman L, Cabanas J. The North Carolina Emergency Medical Services Data System: A Comprehensive Integrated EMS Quality Improvement Program (In Press Prehospital Emergency Care)
- Brice JH, Kingdon D, Runyan C. "Welcome to the world": Process evaluation of a paramedic home safety intervention. Prehospital Emergency Care. 2009 Apr-Jun;13(2):228-36.
- Brice JH, Travers D, Cowden CS, Young MD, Sanhueza A, Dunston Y. Health Literacy Among Spanish-Speaking Patients in the Emergency Department. Journal of the National Medical Association. 100(11):1326-13332. November 2008.
- Brice JH, Lellis JC, Evenson KR, Rosamond WD, Christian JB, Morris DL. EMS education, protocols, and community outreach for stroke. Prehospital Emergency Care, 12(3):366-371. July 2008
- Brice JH, Friend KD, Delbridge TR. Accuracy of EMS-recorded patient demographic data. Prehospital Emergency Care 12(2):187-191. April 2008.
- Lerner EB, Sayre MR, Brice JH, White LJ, Santin AJ, Billittier AJ, Cloud SD. Cardiac arrest patients rarely receive chest compressions prior to ambulance arrival despite the availability of pre-arrival cardiopulmonary resuscitation instructions. Resuscitation 77(1):51-56. January 2008.
- Hawkins E, Brice JH, Overby BO. Welcome to the world: Findings from an EMS pediatric injury prevention program Pediatric Emergency Care 23(11)790-795. November 2007.
- Lellis JC, Brice JH, Evenson KR, Rosamond WD, Kingdon D, Morris DL. Launching online education for 911 communications and EMS personnel: Experiences from the North Carolina Rapid Response to Stroke project. Prehospital Emergency Care, 11(3):298-306, July 2007.
- Peery, CA, Brice JH, White WD. Prehospital spinal immobilization and the backboard quality assessment study. Prehospital Emergency Care. 14(5):293-297, July 2007.
Special Interests (Medical)
Emergency Medical Services, Access to Care, Health Literacy, Health Disparities, Pre-hospital care, Stroke, Stroke Care in the pre-hospital area, Disaster Medicine
Special Interests (Personal)
My family, Reading, Gardening