Trevor G. Hackman, MD
Co-Director, Head and Neck Oncology Fellowship
Head and neck surgical oncology, endocrine surgery, parotid surgery, transoral laser microsurgery, open and endoscopic skull base surgery, head and neck reconstruction, minimally invasive head and neck surgery, sinus surgery.
- Appointments: (984) 974-6484 opt. 2
- Surgery Scheduler: Patricia Longest (919) 966-7491
- Nurse: Daria Beasley, LPN (984) 974-3514
- Administrative Coordinator: Ashton Oliver (919) 966-8927
- MD: University of Pittsburgh, 2003
- Internship, General Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, 2003-2004
- Residency: Otolaryngology, University of Pittsburgh, 2004-2008
- Fellowship: Head and Neck/Microvascular, Washington University – St. Louis, 2008-2009
- Assistant Professor, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, University of North Carolina, 2009-present
- Patel SC, Carpenter WR, Tyree S, Couch ME, Weissler M, Hackman T, Hayes DN, Shores C, Chera BS. Increasing Incidence of Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Oral Tongue in Young White Females, ages 18-44. J Clin Oncol., 2011 Mar 7
- Hackman T, Rickert CG, Getz AE, Uppaluri R. Endoscopic surgical management of vidian nerve schwannoma. Laryngoscope. 2011 Feb;121(2): 241-4.
- Allen CT, Hackman TG, Lewis JS, Haughey BH. Pathology quiz case 2. Rhabdomyoma, adult type. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 135(10):1057, 1059-60, Oct 2009.
- Hackman T, Chicoine MR, Uppaluri R. Novel application of the palatal island flap for endoscopic skull base reconstruction. Laryngoscope. Jun 2009.
- Kalinski, P, Ferris RL, López-Albaitero A, Mailliard R, Hackman T, Filho P, Andrade A, Wang X, Gooding W, Ferrone S. Maturation Pathways of Dendritic Cells Determine TAP1 and TAP2 Levels and Cross-presenting Function. Journal of Immunotherapy. 32(5):465-473, 2009 June.
- Hackman T, Snyderman CH, Carrau RL, Kassam AB. Juvenile Nasopharyngeal Angiofibroma: The expanded endonasal approach. American Journal of Rhinology, Volume 23, Number 1, January/February 2009, pp. 95-99
- Oliver C, Hackman T, Carrau RL, Snyderman CH, Kassam AB, Prevedello DM, Gardner P. Palatal flap modifications allow pedicled reconstruction of the skull base. Laryngoscope. 118(12):2102-6, 2008 Dec.
- Hackman T, Mandell DL. Third branchial cleft anomaly and arytenoid subluxation in a newborn: Case report and literature review. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology Extra 2: 2007, 80-84.
- Hackman T, Toh E. Petrosal Approaches. pp. 1023-1044. In Myers EN (ed): Operative Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, 2nd Edition. Elsevier, Philadelphia, 2007.