Skull base tumors, sinonasal tumors, CSF rhinorrhea, minimally invasive head and neck tumor surgery, parotid tumors, head and neck sarcomas, rhinology, sinus surgery.
- Appointment Scheduler: (984) 974-6484 opt.2
- Surgery Scheduler: Carla Sibrian (984) 974-2127
- Nurse: Ashton Fields (984) 974-3523
- Executive Assistant: Dawn Wilson (919) 843-7091
- MD: University of North Carolina School of Medicine, 2002
- Internship: Dept. of General Surgery, UNC School of Medicine, 2002-2003
- Residency: Dept. of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, UNC School of Medicine, 2003-2007
- Fellowship: Skull Base Oncology Program, Dept. of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 2007-2008
- Assistant Professor: Division of Rhinology, Allergy, and Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery; Division of Head and Neck Oncology; Dept. of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery; UNC School of Medicine; 2008-present
- Clinical Instructor: Skull Base Oncology, Dept. of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, Univ. of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 2007-2008
- 2011 Triological Society Southern Section 1st Place Research Award in Head and Neck Surgery Section, January 2011, Scottsdale, AZ.
- 2011 Triological Society Combined Section 2nd place The John E. Bordley Resident Research Award, January 2011, Scottsdale, AZ. Patel MR, Stadler ME, Deal AM, Kim HS, Shores CG, Zanation AM. STT3A, C1orf24, TFF3: Putative Markers for Characterization of Follicular Thyroid Neoplasms from Fine Needle Aspirates.
- 2010 Triological Combined Sections Meeting 1st Place Research Award in Head and Neck Section, May 2010.
- 2010 Triologic Society Career Development Award, May 2010
- 2010 American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery Honor Award, May 2010
- 2008 North American Skull Base Society Research Award, Vancouver CA, October 2008
- 2007 UNC House Officer of the Year Award (Given to 6 out of 840 residents for outstanding patient care), May 2007
- 2007 ANHS/AAO Young Investigator Award. $20,000 grant support. AHNS Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, April 2007. Grant Mentors – Adam Zanation, MD and Carol Shores, MD, PhD
- 2007 James Harrell Resident Research Award at the 2007 Southern Section Meeting, Marco Island, Fl, February 2007
- 2006 2nd Place Resident Research Award at the 2006 Southern Section Meeting, Naples, Fl, January 2006
- 2006 UNC Temporal Bone Dissection Award, July 2006
- 2005 Lloyd Storrs Resident Research Award at the 2005 Southern Section Meeting, Miami, Fl, January 2005
- 2004 First Place Resident Research Award at American Academy of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery Annual Meeting, New York, NY Sept 2004
- Kaiser Permanente “Intern of the Year” Award – August 2003, Awarded to one surgical intern per year annually at UNC Hospitals.
- Isaar Hall Manning Award – Awarded July 2002, One award given annually by the UNC School of Medicine for outstanding scholarship, character, leadership, initiative, and original investigative work.
For a list of recent publications, please visit Dr. Zanation’s PubMed listing.