- BE, Civil Engineering, Jadavpur University (India), May 2009.
- PhD, Engineering Mechanics, Virginia Tech, May 2014. Dissertation: “Dynamics of complex Iaminar wakes: modeling, analysis, & experiments”
- Assistant Professor (tenure track), Dept. of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, UNC, 2021- present UNC/NC State University Joint Department of Biomedical Engineering (affiliate)
- Assistant Professor (tenure track), Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, South Dakota State University, 2019-2021
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Dept. of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, UNC, 2016-2018
- Postdoctoral Scholar, Nonlinear & Non-equilibrium Physics Unit, Okinawa institute of Science & Technology (Japan), 2014-2016
- Graduate Assistant, Department of Biomedical Engineering & Mechanics, Virginia Tech 2009-2014
- Yuva Rattan Award, 2020
- Fluid Dynamics Research Prize (Japan Society of Fluid Mechanics), 2018
- Departmental Nomination for Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation Award, 2015
- Paul E Torgersen Research Excellence Award, 2013
- International Union of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (IUTAM) Travel Award, 2012
For a list of recent publications, please visit Dr. Basu’s Google Scholar lInk.