Microvascular reconstruction, Salivary gland tumors, Endocrine surgery, Cutaneous malignancy, Robotic surgery, Benign and malignant neoplasms of the head and neck.
- Appointment Scheduler: (984) 974-0000
- Surgery Scheduler: Patricia Longest (919) 966-7491
- Administrative Coordinator: Anna Covington (919) 966-8927
- BS: Purdue University West Lafayette, IN (08/1998 – 05/2002)
- MD: Northeast Ohio Medical University Rootstown, OH (08/2002 – 05/2007)
- Residency: University of South Florida College of Medicine, Department of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery Residency Tampa, FL (07/2007 – 6/2012) • Otolaryngology Resident Surgeon (7/2007 – 6/2011) • Chief Resident (7/2011 – 6/2012)
- Fellowship: University of Toronto, Department of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery Fellowship Toronto, Ontario, Canada (7/2012 – 12/2013) • Head & Neck Surgical Oncology and Microvascular Reconstruction • Chief Fellow (2013)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery, Division of Head and Neck Oncology, 2013-present
For recent publications, please visit Dr. Patel’s PubMed listing.
- Passing the Torch: Fostering Medical Humanism Through Faculty Role Models, 2016-2017
- UNC Health Care and UNC Faculty Physician Award for Carolina Care Excellence, 2016
- Best Doctors in America, 2015, 2016
- Board Certified Otolaryngologist specializing in Head and Neck Oncology and Reconstruction
- Recipient of Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Award
- Completed an NIH Trainee Fellowship