Time For Your Life: Procrastination & Time Management Course
Procrastination and poor time management cause unnecessary stress and limit our productivity, creativity, and success. The main reasons we procrastinate are a failure of self-regulation, failure to manage negative emotions around tasks, and poor planning or execution. In the US workplace, procrastination alone costs over $750 billion in annual lost productivity. Individually, it can cost us our health, career success, and well-being.
This course is designed for you if you are:
- A busy professional who wants to be able to accomplish more.
- Feeling stuck in a rut at your current productivity level.
- Constantly feeling overwhelmed by everything you have to do.
- A high performer but unsure of how to take your level of focus and productivity to the next level.
- Struggling with a pattern of avoiding certain tasks and aren’t sure why.
- Drowning in emails and to-do lists.
- A chronic procrastinator who approaches their life with resignation.
- Unsure why you procrastinate on certain tasks.
- Ready to get your calendar, your mind, and your life under control
This is a 4-week intensive workshop, facilitated by Christina Shenvi, MD, PhD, that will target the cognitive, motivational, and operational factors that are necessary for optimal time management. This workshop will help catalyze change in your life. We will use a flipped classroom model with interactive live sessions, asynchronous video content, and weekly homework. Yes, homework. Consider this a personal training program for time management. Whether you are a beginner at time management and a professional procrastinator, or at the elite level of time management, this workshop will help you better understand your own mind and change it to develop more effective time management habits. You cannot change your time management habits just by listening to new ideas any more than you can change your health by watching someone else exercise. However, you can change with effort, guidance… and homework. This workshop will walk you through a four-part process:
Let’s do it!
Registration now closed; add your name to the interest list.
Live class dates times: 7:30 – 8:30 PM EST on 10/8, 10/15, 10/22, 10/29
Asynchronous work: Approximately 1.5 – 2 hours of asynchronous materials and homework
Location: Virtually over zoom
Cost: No cost for UNC registrants; $250 per person for external registrants
For questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
What participants say…