When you click on “Make and Appointment" or "Contact a Provider”, you will be directed to our patient communication system (see below). In order to use the communication system, you need to have your UNC medical record number. As a reminder, our patient communication system is for non-urgent questions.
- Fill out the requested information and submit. Please be sure to keep a record of the information you supplied (medical record #, name, date of birth). You will need it later. If possible, please supply an email address. It is the quickest way for us to reach you. You may submit multiple requests, but please be sure to keep a record of the information you submitted (medical record #, name, date of birth) for each individual request.
- Within 72 hours, your request will have been addressed OR you will receive an email notification from us with a link to a reply to your request.
- In order to ensure privacy, you will need to authenticate using the exact same wording that you supplied (medical record #, name, date of birth) when you submitted your original request.
- If you receive a message saying that the information you entered could not be authenticated, please make sure you entered the exact same information (name, date of birth, medical record #) in the same way that you entered it when you submitted your original request.
- For your privacy, you will need to authenticate each time you receive a message from us.
If you are still having problems communicating with us, please call 919-966-0210. And as always, thank you for making UNC Family Medicine your medical home.