We offer ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM) services to other researchers wishing to obtain ambulatory BP data, but who may lack the equipment or expertise for the analysis.
Benefits of ABPM include:
- Allows for assessment of blood pressure outside the clinic at home, work and during typical daily activities.
- Reduces the white coat effect and can reveal masked hypertension.
- Assesses nocturnal blood pressure patterns.
- Predicts cardiovascular risk better than in-office blood pressure measurements.
Service consists of:
- 24-48 hour ABPM with Suntech Oscar II or Spacelabs 90207 monitors (multiple cuff sizes available to accommodate arm circumferences of 18cm - 46cm).
- ABPM analysis (including overall, awake and asleep BP and heart rate means, BP loads, asleep BP dip calculations and graph showing peaks and dips across time) and interpretation by a clinical hypertension specialist.
- Study coordinators trained extensively in BP and ABP monitoring to fit participants with cuff and monitor as well as explain instructions to research study participants to ensure quality of measurements.
If you are interested in utilizing ABPM services or learning more, please contact Laura Tuttle at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (919)966-2881.
Sample of data summary: