Do you have "peace of mind"?
Are you worried about health insurance?
Renee tells us why health insurance is so important to her and her family. Click on the photo below:
NEW time-limited Special Enrollment Period (SEP) for Eligible Individuals !
You will be eligible for this new SEP which runs from March 15-April 30, 2015 if you:
1. Currently are not enrolled in coverage through the Marketplace for 2015,
2. Attest that when you filed 2014 tax returns you paid the fee for not having health coverage in 2014, and
3. Attest that they first became aware of, or understood the implications of, the Shared Responsibility Payment after the
end of Open Enrollment (February 15, 2015) in connection with preparing their 2014 taxes.
Thing to remember after you selected a plan:
- Pay your monthly premiums
- Schedule an appointment with your primary care doctor if you selected a new one
- Update your insurance information when you go see a doctor
- Pay your out-of-pocket expenses, like copays, when you visit the doctor
- If you have a qualifying life event, e.g. you have a baby, get married, or divorced, go to healthcare.gov to update your information
Do you want free help from a certified counselor at UNC Family Medicine?
We are here to help! Call Tim Smith at 919-545-3440 to schedule a time.
Do you want to get free help outside of UNC FM?
Legal Aid of North Carolina: 855-733-3711 to schedule an appointment with a navigator statewide or on-line at http:connector.getcovered.org (English & Spanish)
Mondays and Thursdays, 5pm-8pm & Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Fridays, 9am-5pm
To select a health plan or to ask a question: https://www.healthcare.gov/
To see a video on the Health Insurance Marketplace, calculate subsidy amounts, or ask a question: http://healthreform.kff.org/