| || |
The File Upload Tool will upload your large files to public web space and then e-mail you a link to that file, as an alternative to sending large email attachments. You can then email that link to your recipients so they can click on it and download the file. The following rules and guidelines apply:
- The space is not designed for permanent file storage, so files will automatically be deleted after 7 days.
- The file will be placed in non-secure web space, so any sensitive documents should be encrypted before uploading.
- To avoid duplicate file names on the site, the tool adds a random string of characters to the front of your file name.
- The tool allows files with "unsafe" (executable) extensions to be uploaded, but users are cautioned that the extensions may not be safe.
- The tool requires you to authenticate with your SOMid when uploading files from off campus. (Recipients do not need to have an SOMid to download your files.)
- There is currently no limit to the size of files that can be uploaded.