Division of Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
Department of Allied Health Sciences
- PhD, Rehabilitation Psychology: University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Internship in Clinical Psychology: WVU Medicine – University Healthcare
- MRC, Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling: Bowling Green State University
- BA, Bowling Green State University
- CRMH 700 Foundations of Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
- CRMH 810 Internship Seminar
- CRMH 802 Practicum in Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
Psychosocial adjustment to disability; caregiver and family QOL issues; employment, participation, and QOL outcomes in persons with spinal cord injury/TBI/Stroke; intervention development; psychiatric rehabilitation; health promotion and wellness (including mindfulness); Alzheimer’s and related neurocognitive disorders; the impact of family functioning and family systems on rehabilitation and participation outcomes in persons with disability
- National Council on Rehabilitation Education
- American Counseling Association
- American Rehabilitation Counseling Association
- American Psychological Association (Division 22 – Rehabilitation Psychology)
Blaise serves as a member of the DAHS international committee. Blaise’s primary international interests include the development of international collaborations to promote mental health and quality of life in persons with disabilities. As a rehabilitation counselor and psychologist, Blaise’s focus is also on helping improving accessibility and community inclusion for persons with disabilities, as well as promoting health equity and reducing stigma. Blaise has presented on caregiver well-being and cognitive disability at the Alzheimer’s Association International Conference, and is pursuing other international opportunities.
Haley, K.L., Jacks, A., Morrison, B., & Richardson, J.D. (in press). Balance and preference in activity participation for informal caregivers of people with aphasia: A questionnaire study. Aphasiology. Doi: 10.1080/02687038.2019.1659936
Morrison, B., Phillips, B., Jones, J., Przybelski, R., & Huck, G. (2019). The impact of risk and resistance factors on quality of life in caregivers of individuals with dementia. Clinical Gerontologist. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1080/07317115.2019.1572039
Huck, G.E., Mahr, M., Morrison, B., Finnicum, C., & Umucu, E. (2019). Barriers to physical activity among assertive community treatment participants: A mixed-methods analysis. Journal of Applied Rehabilitation Counseling, 50(2), 102-117.
Huck, G., Finnicum, C., Morrison, B., Kaseroff, A., & Umucu, E. (2018). Consumer perspectives on physical activity interventions within assertive community treatment programs. Psychiatric Rehabilitation Journal, 41(4), 312-318. doi: 10.1037/prj0000311
Hanson, M., Morrison, B., Jones, J, Jackson, D., Almane, D., Seidenberg, M., Zhao, Q., Rathouz, P., & Hermann, B. (March 2017). Control groups in paediatric epilepsy research: Do-first degree cousins show familial effects? Epileptic Disorders, 19(1), 49-58.