The Human Pluripotent Stem Cell Core is committed to enabling and accelerating collaborative studies in stem cell biology by providing a nourishing and cost effective environment with the final goal of advancing stem cell research. We offer expertise in generating patient-specific induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) for disease modeling and prospective therapies, as well as differentiating them into specialized cellular lineages. We also provide full genome editing services using TALENs and CRISPR technology, along with gene regulation based on ZFP/TALENs/CRISPRs. Our expertise is available to facilitate the development of joint proposals, provide technical support and consultation for researchers seeking to work with human pluripotent stem cells.
The Human Pluripotent Stem Cell Core offers the following services:
- Generation of hiPS cells using integration-free methods
- Reprograming of fibroblast, blood cells (B and T cells or erythroblast) and other custom cell types using Episomal, Sendai virus and Repro-RNA methods.
- Characterization of IPS cells
- Immunocytochemistry staining for pluripotency markers (Oct 4, Nanog, TRA-160, SSEA3, SSEA40), quantitative analysis of trilineage differentiation potential by qRT-PCR, EB formation, karyotyping and teratoma formation
- Differentiation of hES and hiPS cells into specialized cell types
- Differentiation of stem cells into neural progenitor cells, mature neurons, cardiomyocytes, hepatocytes, mesenchymal stem cells, osteoblasts, adipocytes and endothelial cells.
- Maintenance, expansion and banking of hES and hiPS cells.
Genome editing service is offered for any mammalian cell type (hESC, hIPS and cancer cell lines).
TALENs and CRISPR/Cas9 based technologies are offered to engineer cell lines for research use. We perform cell targeting experiments, selection and genotyping of resistant clones, expansion and freeze of positive cells clones.
Genome editing of mammalian cells
- Construction and testing TALEN/CRISPR vectors.
- TALEN/CRISPR-mediated gene knock-out.
- TALEN/CRISPR-mediated gene knock-in.
- CRISPR-mediated point mutation introduction and/or repair to create isogenic cell lines.
- Custom targeting vectors to be used in combination with TALEN or CRISPRs for tagging endogenous genes with fluorescent proteins.
Gene regulation services
ZFP, TALENs CRISPR/Cas9 technologies can be used to alter gene regulation when coupled with activators, repressors or chromatin remodeling enzymes. Full service includes design, construction and testing gene regulation in any mammalian cell type.