How to Make an Appointment
You will find information on physician referral forms, contact information for scheduling, and local hotel information on this page.
We use a patient – centered approach to treat patients with functional GI and motility disorders, such as chronic constipation, fecal incontinence, chronic rectal pain, dyspepsia, chronic nausea & vomiting, gastroparesis, and irritable bowel syndrome.
This includes outpatient consultations and ongoing care delivered by a multi-disciplinary team of gastroenterologists, a physician assistant, a clinical psychologist, and a registered nurse. We provide motility testing and pelvic floor biofeedback therapy.
How to Refer a Patient
ALL NEW PATIENTS MUST BE REFERRED BY A PHYSICIAN
Please have your physician fax a completed request form to:
- Outpatient consultation (PDF) to fax line………919-966-3414
- Motility tests (MS WORD) to fax line……………..919-966-8764.
- Questions about appointments and scheduling? Please call 919-966-6000.
Upon receipt, all referrals are reviewed and triaged by a faculty gastroenterologist. When appropriate, patients may be re-routed to our general gastroenterology clinic or another of our GI specialty clinics. Please note that we do not accept referrals directly from emergency departments nor for management of narcotic bowel syndrome. Also, due to high demand, we only rarely accept referrals from outside North Carolina.
How to Contact Us
- For general questions, please call 919-966-6000.
- For individuals who are currently under the care of a UNC gastroenterologist or PA-C, urgent clinical questions can be addressed by calling 919-966-4131 and ask to page the GI ambulatory fellow. If you have not been seen by a UNC gastroenterologist before, please do not use this line as a first line of contact for medical help and have your primary care provider fax in a referral form to be seen in clinic. If you are calling about a medial emergency, please dial 9-1-1.
Participating in Research and Clinical Trials
Our center has a strong commitment to discovering new treatments for patients with functional GI disorders. Information regarding our current clinical research projects is provided here.
Information For Patients
Directions to the Center can be found HERE
If you need hotel accommodations during your treatment here at UNC, please see the list of hotels near UNC below.