The Center hosts postdoctoral fellows on an ongoing basis. Postdoctoral fellows typically stay for two or more years and receive mentored research training while participating in research projects with senior investigators in the Center. Funding for post-doctoral training is not currently available through the Center.
Research fellows have included::
- Charles K. Burnett, PhD, DrPH, completed post-doctoral training in Behavioral Medicine and Psychophysiology. He is currently in practice.
- Albena Halpert, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Boston University Medical Center
- Olafur S. Palsson, PsyD, Associate Professor of Medicine, UNC School of Medicine
- Kenneth Jones, PhD, Director, Managing Obesity in Veterans Program, Veterans Administration, Durham, NC
- Yehuda Ringel, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, UNC School of Medicine
- Miranda Van Tilburg, PhD, Associate Professor of Medicine, UNC School of Medicine
- Spencer Dorn, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, and prior Post-Doctocal Fellow in Digestive Disease Epidemiology, metored by Robert Sandler, MD, Douglas Drossman, MD, and William Whitehead, PhD.
- Syed Thiwan, MD, Dr. Thiwan completed a 2-year research training. He is currently in practice.