Medical Student Abstracts
- Implementing Fecal Immunochemical Testing (FIT) at the ACC Internal Medicine Clinic. Patrick Notini MS3, Amy Shaheen MD, Tamrah Parker MSN, RN, FNP-C, Christina McMillian, Shana Ratner, MD. Oral presentation. New Orleans, LA
- Implementation of the Medicare Chronic Care Management Program in an Academic General Internal Medicine Clinic. Nika Manik Harutyunyan, Sarah Stern, Shari Sibengea, RDN, Christina McMillian, Kristine Falk, Ben Robey, Betsy Bryant-Shilliday, Amy Shaheen, MD, Cristin Colford, MD, Shana Ratner, MD. New Orleans, LA. February 10-12, 2017
- Implementing the Sepsis Bundle in a University Pediatric Emergency Department. Alex Plattner, Amy Shaheen, MD, Chris Walsh-Kelly, MD. Oral Presentation. Third National Ambulatory Primary Care Research and Education Conference on Patient Safety, Bethesda, Maryland, Feb 23-24, 2017
- Improving COPD Care at the University of North Carolina Internal Medicine Outpatient Clinic. Oral Presentation. Southern SGIM Feb 10-12, 2017 in New Orleans, LA
- Outpatient Sepsis Education for Families. Spangler H, Dexter M, Smith R, Shaheen A, Shortell S. Oral presentation. Third National Ambulatory Primary Care Research and Education Conference on Patient Safety, Bethesda, MD Feb 23-24, 2017
- Development of a Transitions Document for Medical Student Quality Improvement Projects in Primary Care Practices. Catherine Bernstein and Dr. Amy Shaheen, Southern SGIM Regional Meeting, Poster Presentation, Feb 10-12, 2017 in New Orleans, LA
- Improving completion of suicide risk assessment in a primary care clinic. Christine Jackson, Kim Young-Wright, Diane Dolan-Soto, Amy Weil, Sarah Smithson. Southern SGIM Regional Meeting. Feb 10-12, 2017 in New Orleans, LA
- Making Quality Improvement and Patient Safety “SEQSSC”. Alex Plattner, Christine Jackson, Laura Brown, Jake Reardon, Amy Shaheen. Learning Communities Institute. Oral Presentation. Sep 15-17, 2017 Birmingham, AL
- The Positive Impact of Medical Students on Academic Medical Center QI Initiatives. Alex Plattner, Chris-Walsh Kelly, MD. American Academy of Pediatrics National Conference, Sep 16-19, 2017 in Chicago, IL
- Patients Enrolled in Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) Pathway Demonstrate Low Post-discharge Opioid Consumption Following Total Abdominal Hysterectomy. Evan Harmon, Lyla Hance, MPH, Nathan Woody, Clark McCall, Brooke Chidgey, Peggy McNaull, MD, Lavinia Kolarczyk, MD.
Please address questions or updates to Cristina Palacio.