Who We Are
The DEI Council Staff Subcommittee are your SOM DEI staff advocates, assembled based on our passion and work around campus in advancing DEI efforts and staff initiatives. Our desire as a group is to give voice to the SOM staff’s needs. We work to build a sense of community and belonging for all to feel welcome and appreciated. As your SOM DEI staff advocates, we are here to listen and take forward concerns and needs of the SOM Staff. We hope that you will get to know us and see us as allies that stand with you.
– Paul Marini, Director of Operations & Strategy for Radiology
- Brown, Stephanie Director of Strategic Initiatives – Office of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Marini, Paul (co-chair) Director of Operations & Strategy – Radiology
- Ackley, Christine (co-chair) Clinical Team Lead – Human Resources
- Alston, Ebony Kiera OAE Coordinator – Office of Academic Excellence
- Carter, Dallas Director – Microbiology and Immunology
- Cornett, Nicole R Assistant Director – Office of Rural Initiatives
- Farmer, Julie Associate Chair for Administration – Urology
- Gee, Scott Client Services Support – SOM IT
- Harris, Chi-Chi Administrative Support Associate – Orthopaedics
- Harvey, Tawanda Director of Business Operations – Center for Women’s Health Research
- Suarez, Myra R Regulatory Associate – LCCC Clinical Trials
- Tan, Valerie Associate Chair for Administration – Health Sciences
- Trujillo, Juan P Associate Chair for Administration – Ophthalmology
- Tuset, Juan Enrique Program Coordinator – Family Medicine
What We Envision
We envision the School of Medicine to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment where all SOM staff feel valued for their efforts and understand the importance of their contributions in achieving the larger mission of the School of Medicine.
What We Do
We can achieve this vision by…
- Listening and understanding the needs of the SOM staff.
- Advocating the needs of SOM staff to SOM DEI Leadership and Administration to ensure their voices are heard.
- Promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts across SOM staff by sharing and providing resources, programs, and best practices.
- Supporting belonging by building outlets of community for SOM staff.
– Dr. E. Nathan Thomas III, Vice Dean for DEI