Lecture Capture Policies
Effective October 15, 2015, lecture capture use will be subject to the terms of the user agreement which can be found HERE. Users must attest that they understand and agree with the user agreement. Please review this document in full. Important points include:
- Lecture capture is to be used for university business only.
- OIS cannot record, store, or deliver content that is in violation of state or federal laws.
- Persons making are required to obtain consent from the presenters to record, and have the appropriate consent forms signed and submitted to OIS:
- General Recording and Release Form: Presenters or others being recorded (except audience) not affiliated with the School of Medicine must sign a recording and release form.
- Patient Release and Authorization Form: In cases where a presentation contains a patient’s Protected Health Information, or a patient is speaking about their condition as part of the presentation, this form MUST be signed and submitted prior to recording.
- Recordings are pre-scheduled, and editing is not offered.
Additionally, Personal Capture software is subject to the Personal Capture user agreement.
If you have any questions about this agreement, you may contact the lecture capture team at email@example.com.
HIPAA & Protected Health Information (PHI)
We are not able to record, store, or broadcast any HIPAA or PHI content (e.g. patient faces, names, diagnoses) without proper patient consent. If a patient has given you consent to have their PHI included in your classroom instruction, it does not necessarily give us consent to record and rebroadcast. If you have a patient you want to record, or have patient PHI you want to include in your recorded presentation, please request our Patient Release and Authorization form, and we’ll be happy to send that to you to have signed and returned prior to the recording. If you do not have consent, please remove any patient PHI from your presentation prior to recording. If you discover that PHI was accidentally recorded, please notify OIS Lecture Capture at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
We are not able to record, store or broadcast any copyrighted content without permission from the copyright owner, or the use of the content meets the federal exceptions of Fair Use for education. Please refer to the Scholarly Communications Office website for more information on Copyright and Fair Use guidelines.
We are not able to record, store or broadcast any intellectual property without permission from the owner. Please contact the Scholarly Communications Office website for more information.
Persons Who Do Not Want To Be Recorded
We are not able to record, store or broadcast any person who does not want to be recorded. Please make sure that your presenters are aware in advance that they will be recorded. Also, please let your audience members be aware of the recording prior to the start of the presentation, because of the potential for their private conversations to be recorded as well.