Lynda.com is a UNC Chapel Hill licensed online video-training library that has more than 1,900 software, career development, and technology training titles that you can access from anywhere using an internet browser and your Onyen login. The service is FREE and is available to Faculty and Staff.
Lynda’s video courses are taught by industry experts, working professionals, and veteran teachers. The library features software from Adobe, Apple, Autodesk, Blackboard, Facebook, Google, HTML, Microsoft, Open Source, SPSS, Twitter and many more that allow users to learn the latest tools and techniques in business, digital media, design and development.
Need software? With ITS Virtual Labs UNC faculty and staff can access a wide variety of software programs for free.
To access lynda.com, go to the UNC Lynda.com Sign-In. The site is setup for Single Sign On so you can log on with your Onyen and Password.
Benefits of Lynda.com
- Variety of instruction – courses for all levels cover technical skills, creative techniques, business strategies, and more
- Unlimited access – learn what you want, when you want, from the entire library
- There are over 1,943 video courses – new courses are added every week
- Up-to-date content helps to keep your skills current
- Access to instructors exercise files let you follow along as you watch the tutorials
- Closed captioning and searchable, time-coded transcripts for increased comprehension
- Beginner to advanced courses to learn at your level
- Watch complete courses or individual tutorials as you need them
A Few Sample Courses
- iPhone and iPod touch iOS 6 Essential Training
- iPad Tips and Tricks
- Teaching with the iPad: Setting Up the Classroom
- iTunes 10 Essential Training
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion Essential Training
- Windows 8 Essential Training
- Outlook 2013 Essential Training
- Word 2013 Essential Training
- Access 2013 Essential Training
- Excel 2013 Essential Training
- PowerPoint 2013 Essential Training
- Effective Public Speaking
- Hiring Your Team
- Managing Teams
- Managing Project Schedules
- Leading Productive Meetings
- Coaching and Developing Employees
- Photoshop CS6 One-on-One: Fundamentals
- Photoshop CS6 Essential Training
- Photoshop for Photographers: Portrait Retouching
- Photoshop for Web Design
- Illustrator CS6 One-on-One: Fundamentals
- Building PDFs with Acrobat XI
Through the main campus ITS Virtual Labs you can access a wide variety of software programs. Programs such as the Microsoft Office suite, Adobe CS6 and more. These virtualized applications are delivered instantly to users via any computer or mobile device connected to a network at any location on or off campus. The ITS Virtual Lab is available 24/7.