What to include in your application:
- A current CV that includes your undergraduate GPA, GRE scores, and grades from all graduate school courses (at UNC or elsewhere). Also, please indicate if you are an under-represented minority.
- A brief description of your research accomplishments (no longer than one page).
- A summary of your interest in vascular biology that includes your current or potential thesis research plan (no longer than 2 pages)
- A letter from your thesis advisor describing how the IVB program will benefit your training that also includes a statement affirming their willingness to participate in IVB training activities.
Send your application via e-mail to:
Ms. Tracy L. Riley
Contracts & Grants Facilitator
UNC McAllister Heart Institute
2341 MBRB, CB #7126
Phone: (919) 843-2293
Christopher Mack, PhD
Director of the IVB Training Program
Dept of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
UNC-CH, NC 27599-7525
- Please discuss your interest in joining the IVB program with your thesis advisor before contacting Dr. Mack.
- The IVB program may accept some students who are supported by individual fellowship (AHA, NSF and NIH) but these students cannot be funded by the program.
- IVB participants will have the opportunity to earn credits toward UNC’s Certificate Program in Cardiovascular Science. Please contact Dr. Mack if interested in this academic program.